Many thanks to Fae of Fae’s Twist & Tango for nominating me for the One Lovely Blog Award! Fae has a fascinatingly international background and is an avid foodie and traveller. Her blog is filled with recipes and photos of delicious dishes from all over the world, and when she’s travelling she also writes about the places she visits with photos and notes about her experiences.
This is the first award I’ve ever received for this blog and I’m very touched!
The rules of the award are:
- Visit and thank the blogger who nominated you
- Acknowledge that blogger on your blog and link back
- Share 7 random things about yourself
- Nominate 7 blogs and notify them on their blogs
- Copy and paste the award on your blog somewhere
7 random things about me:
- Ginger and mint are my favourite two flavours.
- I believe it’s perfectly acceptable to have just dessert for dinner if you’ve had a really big lunch.
- One of my favourite things about travelling in countries I haven’t visited before is browsing their supermarkets.
- I’m a little bit afraid of butterflies and moths (although not as much as I used to be).
- I played piano and flute for 10 years but it’s been 10 years since then that I touched either one of them.
- I would do almost anything to avoid taking a taxi.
- I’ve kept a handwritten journal every day since I left Australia on the 20th of July 2010 (it’s currently up to volume 6).
I would like to nominate the following bloggers for this award!
Joy and Eva – I met one half of Joy and Eva while travelling across Siberia on the Trans-Mongolian train and I’ve enjoyed many of this duo’s posts since then, especially the ones that remind me of similar shared experiences.
Jen Maan in Amman – Jen’s blog about living in Jordan after moving there from the US offers a fascinating perspective on life in a completely different country. Her time in Amman has just recently come to an end but her blog continues and I recommend reading back over her previous posts.
Snaps and Blabs – I’m incredibly impressed and inspired by this record of a couple travelling long term around the world with their three children – 645 days so far and counting! Her photos are vibrant and lively and always capture the spirit of the locations that make up this journey of a lifetime.
Have Bag, Will Travel – Andrew is an extensive and avid traveller and I enjoy comparing notes one the places we’ve both been as well as being inspired about the places I haven’t. He’s also been following my humble blog since its beginning which I find very flattering!
Margaret’s Miscellany – Margaret is a freelance journalist but in her personal blog she writes about all the other things she does with her time, especially travel. I particularly like her themed posts where she ties together photos and countries she’s visited with a common thread such as irresistible food or bicycles.
Ms Elena on Traveling – I know Elena has already been nominated for this award in the past but I felt I had to include her in my list because the stories of her absolutely free-spirited, adventurous and completely unpretentious travels are simply a delight to read.
Canadian Hiking Photography – Patrick’s blog showcases his absolutely stunning photography skills with a particular focus on breathtaking landscapes, but also including the kind of portrait shots we all wish someone would take of us because they seem to really capture the essence of the subject’s personality.